Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Grocery Game




Since I became a stay at home mom last September I've been playing the grocery game every week. I feel like its my job as the stay at home parent to make Michael's hard-earned paycheck go the farthest. I scour the paper for coupons and store flyers for good deals. I drag out my cookbooks and plan a weekly menu....trying to cut the costs wherever I can. I've noticed (at least around here) that as gas prices increase so do the grocery prices. It's frustrating to see my total creep up little by little each week. Well, last thursday I went as my mom would say "big time" grocery shopping. I planned to buy enough to last us about two and half weeks. I loaded up Taylor and Wyatt and off we went. Taylor got the seat in the cart and Wyatt was strapped in the the Bjorn baby carrier. Who needs to go the gym....just grocery shop with a 15lb baby strapped to you. Two hours later with both kids cranky and ready for naps I proceded to check out. My total rang up for 204.58 but went down to 191.33 after coupons. Whoohoo! I've finally feel like I've become an expert at the grocery game.


In fact, I was so proud of my deals that when I got home I decided to set it all out of the table and take pictures of the momentous occasion. I know, I'm a huge dork!


Since then we've had a few invites for dinner, so I'll probably be able to stretch these groceries out for a total of three weeks with a little shopping trip for milk and other staples. I'm so pround of myself!!!



1 comments on "The Grocery Game"

Anonymous said...

You are not a dork. You are one smart girl! I do love you so...
Mom

 

Five Martins Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez